Recipe: Chicken with zaatar and tomato salad (gluten-free)
- 4 (about 180g each) chicken breasts on the bone
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 tbs zaatar, plus extra to sprinkle
- 3 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- Thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place chicken breasts in a baking pan with 2 tablespoons of the oil and the zaatar. Rub the marinade onto the chicken, cover and and set aside in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place tomato and herbs in a bowl with vinegar and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Place chicken on serving plates, drizzle with pan juices, top with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with a little extra zaatar. Serve with salad.
- Zaatar is a Middle Eastern spice blend available from gourmet food and spice stores.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)