Recipe: Chocolate-fudge brownies (wheat and gluten free)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup plain gluten-free flour (we used Orgran brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 4cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl. Add sugar. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre. Add eggs and melted butter to flour mixture. Using a metal spoon, mix until just smooth.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out with crumbs clinging.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool in pan. Lift from pan. Cut into squares.
- Brownies can be made up to 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)