Recipe: Coffee ice cream affogato (dairy-free)
- 3 cups (750ml) coffee-flavoured soy milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 4 shots espresso
- Frangelico, to serve (optional)
- Biscotti, to serve (optional)
- Place soy milk in a saucepan over medium heat until scalding. Beat egg yolks and sugar until pale, pour soy milk over top, then return to pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes until thickened. Cool, pour mixture into a shallow container and freeze until frozen at edges. Remove mixture from freezer and beat with an electric beater. Pour back into container and refreeze.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times.(Or use an ice cream machine following manufacturer’s directions.) Place 2 scoops in each glass, pour over espresso and Frangelico, then serve with biscotti.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)