Recipe: Dairy-free apple and raspberry muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 medium granny smith apple, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup 99% fat-free soy milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, 1/3 cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flours, sugar, raspberries and apple in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk egg, oil and milk together in a jug. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir with a flat-bladed knife until mixture just comes together (don’t over-mix).
- Spoon mixture into paper cases. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 muffin comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)