Recipe: Dairy-free chocolate and apple cake
- 425g can apple pie fruit
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 125g non-dairy spread
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 2 tsb cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm cake pan and line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place apple, water and soda in a small pan over low heat until soda starts to bubble, remove from heat.
- Beat spread, sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Stir in combined sifted flour and cocoa. Fold in apple mixture.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and cook for about 40 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)