Recipe: Dairy-free tuna pasta bake
- 300g dried spiral pasta
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 80g dairy-free spread
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 4 cups soy milk, warmed
- salad leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 8 cup-capacity baking dish. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Add broccoli to pan for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in tomato, tuna, pasta and broccoli.
- Heat remaining oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and anchovies. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add breadcrumbs. Stir to combine.
- Melt spread in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir into pasta mixture. Spoon into prepared dish. Top with breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)