Recipe: Free-Form Lasagne Primavera
- 20g butter
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces (see note)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 400g grape tomatoes, halved
- 150g sliced leg ham, sliced
- 2/3 cup light thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 x 250g packets fresh cannelloni pasta sheets
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add zucchini and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add peas, tomatoes, ham and cream. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in half the pine nuts and half the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook cannelloni, in batches, in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender (don’t stir cannelloni in water, or it will break).
- Using a large slotted spoon or spatula, carefully remove cannelloni to a colander. Drain. Place 1 cannelloni sheet on each plate (see note).
- Top each with 2 heaped tablespoons of vegetable mixture. Repeat layers with remaining cannelloni and vegetable mixture, finishing with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle each plate with remaining pine nuts and parmesan. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)