Recipe: Gluten-free banana raisin bread
- 125g Nuttelex spread
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup raisins, chopped
- 3/4 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Using an electric mixer, beat spread and sugar for 1 minute or until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well until just combined.
- Add banana and raisins. Stir to combine. Sift flours and bicarbonate of soda over mixture. Stir until just combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.
- Cooking class: Testing: To check if bread is cooked, insert a cake tester or skewer in the centre. If the tester or skewer comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
- Tip: To make 1 cup mashed banana, you’ll need 2 large over-ripe bananas. Using a fork, mash in a bowl until smooth.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)