Recipe: Gluten-free buckwheat bread
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggwhites
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seed mix with pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 9cm x 19cm (base) loaf pan. Sift flours, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Using an electric mixer, lightly beat eggwhites until just frothy. Stir in milk and oil. Add eggwhite mixture to flour mixture. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Press seed mix lightly into mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre of bread comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)