Recipe: Gluten Free Cashew and Fruit Mince Tarts
- 1 medium green apple, grated
- 1/4 cup chopped Sunbeam raisins
- 1/4 cup Sunbeam currants
- 1/4 cup Sunbeam sultanas
- 1/4 cup Angus Park chopped dried peach
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 sheets gluten free and wheat free rolled pastry sheets, thawed
- 150g Sunbeam cashews
- Combine apple, fruit, sugar, rum and marmalade in medium bowl, mix well, cover and stand overnight or up to several days.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease 18 holes of 2 x 2 tablespoon capacity patty pan tins.
- Cut 18 x 7cm rounds from pastry, gently ease into prepare pans. Divide fruit mixture evenly among tarts, top with cashews.
- Bake in preheat oven about 20 minutes or until pastry is lightly brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Dust with icing sugar, to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)