Recipe: Gluten-free chocolate self-saucing pudding
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- Double-thick cream and gluten-free icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Lightly grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Combine flour, caster sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa in a bowl. Add milk, vanilla and butter. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Smooth top.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa in a small bowl. Sift sugar mixture over flour mixture. Pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover sugar mixture. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted around the edge of pudding comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.
- You can find gluten-free flour in the health food aisle of the supermarket, or specialist stores. Always check ingredient labels.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)