Recipe: Gluten-free cinnamon and maple syrup puddings
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons potato starch (potato flour)
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 175g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pure icing sugar and pure cream, to serve
- Grease six 1 cup-capacity ovenproof ramekins. Spoon 1 tablespoon maple syrup into the base of each ramekin.
- Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar into a bowl. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and remaining maple syrup to bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat to combine.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins. Cover each with foil. Divide ramekins between
- large saucepans. Carefully pour boiling water into pans until halfway up sides of ramekins. Cover pan tightly with foil. Bring to the boil over medium-low heat. Cook for 50 minutes or until puddings spring back when touched.
- Remove pans from heat. Carefully remove ramekins from water. Cool for 5 minutes. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)