Recipe: Gluten-Free Garlic Flat Bread
- 7g sachet gluten-free dry yeast
- 480g gluten-free bread mix
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Gluten-free plain flour, for dusting
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine yeast and 1 1/4 cups warm water in a large bowl. Add bread mix and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface. Gently knead into a ball. Transfer to a large greased bowl.
- Cover. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Punch dough down. Divide into 8 portions. Roll 1 portion out to a 20cm round.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill on medium-high heat. Add garlic to remaining oil. Brush 1 side of dough rounds with garlic mixture.
- Cook 2 rounds for 4 minutes. Turn. Brush with garlic mixture. Cook for 4 minutes or until browned and lightly puffed. Place on a plate.
- Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough rounds and garlic mixture. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)