Recipe: Gluten-free herb flat bread
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed herbs (such as basil, rosemary and thyme)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Tomato, cucumber and onion salsa, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease a 30cm pizza baking tray.
- Sift flours and baking powder into a processor. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Combine 1/2 cup cold water and egg yolks in a jug. Add to processor. Pulse until a firm dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly until smooth and combined.
- Roll pastry out into a 30cm circle. Place on prepared tray. Sprinkle with herbs. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with salsa.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)