Recipe: Gluten-free muesli cookies
- 180g white chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup Healtheries Apricot and Coconut, Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place half the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat, uncovered, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, for 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power. Cool.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg. Mix well. Add melted chocolate. Beat until smooth.
- Add combined flour and baking powder. Mix well. Stir in muesli and remaining chopped chocolate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place onto trays, allowing room for spreading. Use back of a spoon to flatten biscuits.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden, swapping trays once. Cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)