Recipe: Gluten-free nut biscuits
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 firmly packed cup (100g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs natural yoghurt
- 1 cup (150g) rice flour
- 1 cup (150g) unsalted mixed nuts with sultanas, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and thick. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Fold in yoghurt, flour and nut mix. Roll slightly
rounded tablespoons of the mixture, flatten and place on trays. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)