Recipe: Gluten-Free Quiche Lorraine
- 1 quantity Quiche pastry (see related recipe)
- 150g sliced leg ham, finely chopped
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg Salad leaves, to serve
- Make pastry Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 3.5cm-deep, 23cm (base), loose-based fluted flan tin.
- Roll pastry (see related recipe) out between 2 sheets of baking paper to make a 32cm circle. Press into prepared tin.
- Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Remove paper and weights. Reduce oven temperature to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Sprinkle ham over pastry base. Whisk egg yolks, eggs, cream and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over ham. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stand in tin for 10 minutes. Serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)