Recipe: Nut-free satay sauce
- 12 (500g) chicken tenderloins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup FreeNut Butter Smooth (sunflower seed paste)
- 1 cup coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar sliced green onions, to serve
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook skewers for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in FreeNut Butter, milk, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Serve skewers topped with sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)