Recipe: Pasta with chilli oil and grilled swordfish (gluten-free)
- 400g gluten-free pasta
- 125ml (1/2 cup) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tbs sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 (about 200g each) swordfish steaks
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place the oil, garlic and chilli in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sun-dried tomato paste and parsley. Drain pasta and toss with chilli mixture.
- Heat a chargrill pan until hot. Brush the fish with extra olive oil and cook for 2 minutes each side, leaving it a little rare in the centre. Divide pasta between plates, add a piece of fish and serve with the lemon wedges and a salad.
- Gluten-free pasta is available from health food stores and supermarkets.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)