Recipe: Thai chicken cakes (gluten-free)
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- (about 600g total), roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbs gluten-free Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp palm
- or caster sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded 2 tbs vegetable oil
- Baby Asian salad leaves and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Place the chopped chicken in a food processor with the egg, curry paste, fish sauce, palm or caster sugar, lime zest and juice, and coriander leaves, then process until just combined. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the shredded kaffir lime leaves. Use wet hands to form the chicken mixture into 12 small cakes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken cakes, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken cakes with Asian salad leaves and sweet chilli sauce.
- We used Trident curry paste from supermarkets. Palm sugar and kaffir lime leaves are available from Asian food shops and selected greengrocers. Baby Asian salad leaves are available in packets from supermarkets.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Thai