Recipe: Tuna-stuffed capsicum (gluten-free)
- 2 large red capsicum, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tbs capers, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped chives
- 5 tbs (100ml) good-quality mayonnaise
- 200g wild rocket
- 1/3 cup (80ml) good-quality French dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place capsicum on a baking tray, cut-side up, drizzle with oil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
- To make filling, place tuna, egg, capers and half the chives in a bowl. Add enough mayonnaise to bind, and season with salt and pepper.
- When capsicum are cool, fill cavities with the tuna mixture.
- Toss salad leaves with half the dressing and place on serving plates with capsicum. Drizzle with remaining dressing, and garnish with remaining chives. Season with salt and pepper.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)