Recipe: Bacon-wrapped lamb cutlets with beans & fennel (gluten-free)
- 8 frenched lamb cutlets
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, halved widthways
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 800g canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Spread cutlets with mustard and wrap meat in bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frypan over high heat. Cook cutlets (in batches) for about 3 minutes each side until bacon is crisp and lamb is medium rare. Meanwhile, place beans and fennel in a pan with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Warm for 5 minutes over medium heat, then stir in vinegar, parsley and remaining oil. Season and serve with lamb cutlets.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)