Recipe: Banana & walnut muffins
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup fruit-flavoured yoghurt, (eg. mango, apricot)
- 2 eggs
- 60g melted butter or margarine
- 2 cups Healtheries Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup Healtheries Wheat & Gluten Free Muesli, extra
- Peel bananas. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Place into a large bowl with sugar, yoghurt, eggs and butter. Stir well to combine.
- Add muesli, flour, baking powder and walnuts to banana mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into greased cups of a muffin tin. Sprinkle with extra muesli. Bake in a moderate oven (180°C) for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)