Recipe: Blueberry Corn Bread
- 1 cup (125g) gluten-free plain flour
- 1 cup (170g) corn meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 60g butter, melted and cooled
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 10cm x 22cm x 6cm loaf tin. Sift plain flour, corn meal and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in caster sugar then make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Gently fold through blueberries. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool. Serve sliced and spread with butter and honey.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)