Recipe: Caraway Bread
- 2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) milk, lukewarm
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g pkt Ogran gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 tbs caraway see
ds Ham and chutney, to serve
- Stir the yeast, sugar and milk together. Cover. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 10 minutes or until the mixture starts to froth. Stir in the oil.
- Grease an 11 x 21cm (base), 6.5cm deep loaf pan. Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the flour, caraway seeds and yeast mixture until smooth.
- Spoon into the greased pan. Use the back of a wet spoon to spread evenly over the pan. Cover and set aside in a warm, draught-free place for 1-1 1/2 hours or until the dough rises and almost doubles in size.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve with ham and chutney.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)