Recipe: Chicken & Noodle Salad With Sweet Soy Dressing
- 800g 98% fat-free hokkien noodles
- 2 tsp Massel chicken-style stock powder
- 1 (about 200g) large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh chives, coarsely chopped
- 100g crunchy combo sprouts
- 1/2 Woolworths country-style roast chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded
- 40g pickled ginger, drained
- 2 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2-3 tsp honey
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with stock powder. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2 minutes to soak.
- Add carrot and celery and set aside for a further 1 minute or until tender. Refresh under cold water. Drain and return to bowl.
- Add mint, chives, sprouts, chicken and ginger and combine. Whisk together the tamari, vinegar, oil and honey in a jug.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)