Recipe: Chicken paillards with radicchio slaw (gluten-free)
- 1 radicchio, finely shredded
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbs to cook chicken
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 20g unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the radicchio, celery, apple, basil and walnuts in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil and mustard. Season to taste, then toss with the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast through the centre into 2 thin fillets. Place each fillet between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter with the extra tablespoon of oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Divide the chicken and salad among 4 plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)