Recipe: Chilli prawns with brussels sprouts (gluten-free)
- 6 slices (80g) pancetta or bacon, cut into strips
- 600g brussels sprouts, trimmed (larger sprouts halved)
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 20 green prawns (800g), peeled and butterflied, tails intact
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the pancetta strips on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 7 minutes or until lightly crisped.
- Meanwhile, cook the brussels sprouts in a saucepan of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes until just tender, then drain. While still hot, place in a bowl with the crisped pancetta, butter and vinegar. Season with plenty of sea salt and black pepper, then toss to melt the butter and coat the sprouts.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Divide the sprouts among bowls and top with the chilli prawns.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)