Recipe: Choc-Chunk Walnut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Process 1 cup walnuts until finely ground.
- Roughly chop remaining walnuts. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg.
- Beat until combined. Stir in flours, chocolate and walnuts. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place, 5cm apart, on prepared trays.
- Flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)