Recipe: Chocolate Mandarin Mousse
- 24g fat-free, sugar-free instant dessert mix (chocolate or vanilla), or use 20g pkt diet chocolate mousse mix
- 100ml fresh mandarin juice
- 1 mandarin, rind finely grated
- 20g dark chocolate, grated
- 2 x 200g Fruche light French vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- Mandarin segments and extra grated chocolate, to serve
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk dessert mix and mandarin juice until thickened and slightly increased in volume.
- Stir in mandarin rind, grated chocolate and 1 1/2 containers of Fruche. Use an electric beater to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Carefully fold egg whites into mousse mixture until just combined.
- Spoon into glasses or ramekins. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until set.
- Top with a dollop of the remaining Fruche, mandarin segments and some grated chocolate.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)