Recipe: Chocolate raisin biscuits
- 200g milk or dark chocolate
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 100g raisins, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Chop half the chocolate. Place chopped chocolate into a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Heat, stirring with a metal spoon every minute, for 2 to 3 minutes on MEDIUM (50%) power, or until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Sift flour and baking powder over butter mixture. Stir gently to combine. Chop remaining chocolate. Stir into butter mixture with raisins. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place onto trays, allowing room for spreading. Flatten with the back of a metal spoon. Bake for 15 to 20 min, or until golden brown, swapping the trays around once. Let stand for 5 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)