Recipe: Cold turkey salad with mango & honey dressing (gluten free)
- 2 tbs seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 500g leftover turkey (preferably breast meat), sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mixed Asian herbs (such as coriander, mint, Thai basil)
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, sliced
- Black sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Dressing – 5 tbs (100ml) honey 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 100ml peanut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix together the rice vinegar, sugar, garlic and chilli, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the sliced turkey and set aside.
- To make the dressing, place the honey and vinegar in a food processor and process to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the peanut and sesame oils until a thickish dressing forms.
- Place a pile of spinach on each plate and top with a handful of herbs, followed by some turkey. Lay slices of mango on top, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the black sesame seeds.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)