Recipe: Egg And Bacon Filo Pies
- 125g packet 98% fat-free bacon rashers, finely chopped
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 6 eggwhites, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup 25% fat-free grated cheddar cheese mixed green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-hole, 1-cup capacity texas muffin pan. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove from heat. Spray 1 pastry sheet with oil. Fold in half.
- Spray with oil and fold in half again. Press pastry square into 1 muffin hole, folding sides in to form a cup shape.
- Repeat with remaining pastry, oil and muffin holes. Whisk eggwhites and milk together in a jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide bacon and eggwhite mixture between pastry cases. Crack 1 egg into each case. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until filling is set. Season with pepper. Serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)