Recipe: Fried Calamari
- 4 large calamari hoods, cleaned
- 2 cups gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 cups macadamia oil
- Cut calamari in half lengthways. Open out flat. Slice diagonally into 2cm-wide strips. Combine flour and herbs in a bowl.
- Add calamari. Toss to coat. Gently shake off excess. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, in small batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with gluten-free tartare sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)