Recipe: Gnocchi With Crisp Ham And Chilli
- 100g 97% fat-free shaved ham
- 500g packet
- 98% fat-free gnocchi
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2/3 cup extra-light sour cream
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat. Line a grill tray with foil. Spread ham over prepared tray and grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden and crisp.
- Remove to a plate. Set aside to cool. Roughly chop ham.
- Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over low heat.
- Add chilli, onions and garlic.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Combine sour cream and 1/4 cup cold water in a jug. Mix well. Drain gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi, cream mixture, parsley and ham to frying pan. Toss over low heat until warmed through. Season with pepper. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)