Recipe: Ham And Leek Quiche
- 1 sheet (24 x 24cm) home-style shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, dried, thinly sliced
- 1 x 100g pkt shaved 97% fat-free English baked ham coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fat-free milk
- 1 tbs finely grated parmesan
- 40g baby Parisienne salad (Woolworths Fresh brand)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Use a rolling pin to roll pastry out to a 26 x 26cm square. Line a round 23cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin, with removable base, with pastry. Trim any excess.
- Arrange the leek and ham over the base. Whisk together the eggs, milk and parmesan in a large jug.
- Pour over the leek mixture in the pan. Bake on top shelf of preheated oven for 20 minutes or until filling is just set and pastry is golden brown.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)