Recipe: Ham & artichoke pizza
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1 375g pkt gluten-free, wheat-free bread mix (Basco brand)
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 1 egg
- 1140g carton pizza sauce (Leggo’s brand)
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated light mozzarella
- 1 100g pkt 97% fat-free fine sliced leg ham (Hans brand)
- 1 400g can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 bunch rocket, washed, dried, torn
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Brush a 23 x 29cm (base measurement) slab pan with oil to grease.
- Combine the bread mix, water and egg. Prepare the bread mix according to packet directions. Spread bread mixture over base of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and just cooked.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the pizza base. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella. Top with ham and artichokes, and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until mozzarella melts. Top with rocket and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)