Recipe: Kingfish skewers with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 5-6 parsley sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 800g skinless kingfish fillets, pinboned, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 long red chillies
- 3 long green chillies
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. Combine juice, parsley, dried chilli, 2 teaspoons oil and fish in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, then thread onto skewers. Meanwhile, toss chillies and tomatoes in remaining olive oil. Heat an oiled chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. When hot, cook chillies for 10 minutes, turning to blacken.
- The skin should pop and crack open. Cut open each chilli down one side and remove seeds (unless you like it really spicy). Add the kingfish skewers to the chargrill or barbecue and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, or until just cooked. Add the tomatoes and cook for the final 5 minutes, or until softened and lightly charred. Serve 2 skewers per person with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)