Recipe: Lemon And Cranberry Shortbread
- 250g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and rind until light and fluffy. Add flours, almond meal and cranberries. Stir to combine. Knead dough on lightly floured surface.
- Roll dough out between 2 sheets baking paper until 1cm thick. Cut into a 20cm x 40cm rectangle. Slide pastry onto a tray.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut dough into 2cm x 8cm rectangles. Place on prepared trays. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool on trays. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)