Recipe: Oven-baked chicken risotto (gluten-free)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups (440g) arborio rice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
- 1.25L (5 cups) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (50g) grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 100g marinated roasted capsicum
- , drained, thickly sliced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh basil, plus extra shredded basil to garnish
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 170°C and place a 5-litre ovenproof dish in oven to heat.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to colour, then add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add wine and stock and bring to the boil, then pour everything into the preheated dish. Cover tightly with a lid or foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and give everything a good stir, then cover again and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes. By this time all liquid should have been absorbed. If not, return to the oven uncovered for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove and add the parmesan, capsicum and basil, and season with salt and pepper. Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top with risotto. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and basil, and drizzle with olive oil.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)