Recipe: Pan-fried steak with rocket and blue cheese (gluten-free)
- 2 red capsicum, roasted, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup mixed black and green olives
- 150g baby rocket leaves
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 2 (about 150g each) porterhouse steaks
- 2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 120g mild blue cheese, crumbled
- Combine capsicum, olives and rocket in a bowl, then set aside. Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil until combined, season with salt and pepper, then set aside. Heat a frypan over high heat. Brush steaks with extra oil, sprinkle with thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 minutes each side, then rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, add the wine, balsamic and sugar to the pan and cook until reduced by half.
- Toss rocket salad with oil and lemon dressing. Slice steak and place on the salad. Drizzle with reduced pan juices and scatter blue cheese over the top.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)