Recipe: Pear & raspberry cakes with lemon mascarpone
- Nuttelex dairy-free spread, to grease
- 90g Nuttelex dairy-free spread
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g almond meal
- 60g (1/2 cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 80ml (1/3 cup) bought pear puree
- 75g frozen or fresh raspberries
- 250g (1 cup) mascarpone
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 45g (1/4 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush six 100ml-capacity oval friand pans with spread to grease.
- Use an electric beater to beat the spread and sugar in a large bowl until pale. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the almond meal, flour, baking powder and pear puree to the egg mixture. Mix until well combined. Add two-thirds of the raspberries and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture among the prepared pans. Top with the remaining raspberries. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and lemon rind in small bowl until smooth.
- Dust cakes with icing sugar. Serve with mascarpone mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)