Recipe: Poached Chicken Tonnato
- 1/2 cup (150g) gluten-free whole-egg mayonnaise
- 185g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) gluten-free chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 preserved lemon (see note)
- 1/2 cup (80g) chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley Rocket leaves, to serve
- Blend mayonnaise, tuna, lemon juice, capers and 2 tablespoons stock in a food processor until smooth. Transfer sauce to a bowl, then cover and chill until needed. Bring wine and remaining stock to the boil in a pan over high heat.
- Add chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stand with lid on for 10 minutes to finish cooking, then drain (you can keep liquid for another use).
- Meanwhile, discard white pith and flesh from preserved lemon, then finely chop rind. Mix with olives and parsley in a bowl.
- Thickly slice chicken and serve on the sauce, with lemon salsa and rocket.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)