Recipe: Poached salmon with raw vegetable salad (gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) tamari
- 2/3 cup (160ml) mirin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned, pin-boned
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into thin batons
- 1 carrot, cut into thin batons
- 1 small yellow and 1 small red capsicum, seeds removed, cut into thin batons
- 6 radishes, cut into thin batons
- Black sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Place tamari, mirin, garlic, and ginger in a shallow frypan, add 150ml water and bring to the boil. Lower heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes, then add salmon. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, then turn fillets and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Combine vegetables in a bowl. Place each piece of salmon in a serving bowl, top with vegetables and pour poaching liquid around. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Tamari is from supermarkets and health food stores.
- Mirin (Japanese rice wine) and black sesame seeds are from selected supermarkets and Asian food stores.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)