Recipe: Prawn & mango salad with spiced creme fraiche (gluten-free)
- 50ml olive oil
- Grated rind and juice of 1 large lime
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 100ml creme fraiche or sour cream
- 4 cups baby salad leaves (mesclun)
- 1 mango, flesh thinly sliced
- 500g cooked prawns, peeled, tails intact
- For the dressing, whisk the oil with 2 tablespoons lime juice, then season.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining juice, rind, syrup, chilli and creme fraiche.
- Toss salad leaves with dressing and divide among 4 bowls. Top with mango slices and prawns and serve with a dollop of spiced creme fraiche.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)