Recipe: Pumpkin And Bacon Pizzas With Walnut Salad
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into
- 1cm-thick pieces
- 2 pieces lavash bread
- 1/3 cup tomato and herb pizza paste
- 2 red capsicums, cut into
- 3cm cubes
- 125g 98% fat-free Weight Watchers bacon, trimmed, cut into
- 2cm pieces
- 100g baby spinach, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons 100% fat-free balsamic Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted (see tip)
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- small fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Place pumpkin in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Lightly grease 2 baking trays. Place 1 lavash on each tray. Spread pizza paste over lavash. Top pizza bases with half the pumpkin, half the capsicum and all the bacon.
- Bake pizzas for 15 to 18 minutes, swapping trays over in the oven after 10 minutes, or until bases are crisp and pumpkin is tender. Meanwhile, combine spinach, remaining pumpkin and capsicum in a bowl.
- Pour over dressing. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts. Dollop ricotta over pizzas. Sprinkle with basil. Season with pepper. Serve with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)