Recipe: Quiche pastry
- 100g rice flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons polenta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 125g Lurpak unsalted butter, chilled, chopped
- 200g cold mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place rice flour, cornflour, polenta, salt and baking powder in a processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a large bowl. Add potato and sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
- Turn pastry out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (handle with care, as pastry will be quite fragile at this stage).
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)