Recipe: Raspberry Shortcake
- 225g almond meal
- 3/4 cup (75g) skim milk powder
- 3/4 cup p(60g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (100g) rice flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup (250ml) gluten-free vanilla soy milk
- 500g low-fat ricotta
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs icing sugar, sifted
- 3 punnets raspberries
- 1/2 cup (160g) low-joule raspberry jam, melted
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a rectangular 10cm x 34cm loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Combine the almond meal, skim milk powder, coconut, rice flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the milk and stir to combine. Press into the tart pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Cool completely in pan. Process ricotta, vanilla and icing sugar in a food processor until smooth.
- Spread over the shortcake base, then cover with the raspberries. Just before serving, brush the berries with melted jam, then slice and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)