Recipe: Ricotta & Spinach Calzone
- 1 x 250g pkt frozen chopped-leaf spinach, thawed
- 300g fresh ricotta Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 375g pkt gluten-free wheat-free bread mix (Basco brand)
- 160ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 3 valencia oranges, halved
- 1 small green cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach and combine with ricotta in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Place bread mix, water and egg in a bowl. Beat with an electric beater for 30 seconds.
- Divide dough into 4 and roll each into a 20cm-diameter disc about 1cm thick. Spoon ricotta mix down centre of discs. Fold over and pinch edges to close. Place on 2 baking trays and brush with 2 tsp oil.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Scoop flesh from 2 of the oranges (reserve shells). Roughly chop flesh and place in a bowl with cucumber, onion and mint.
- Squeeze last orange. Mix 60ml (1/4 cup) juice and remaining oil in a jug. Drizzle dressing on salad. Serve calzone with salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)