Recipe: Risotto with chorizo, goats’ cheese and peas (gluten-free)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 200g chorizo, diced
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g arborio rice
- 1.2L chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbs grated parmesan, plus extra to sprinkle
- 150g goats’ cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add chorizo and fry until crisp. Remove chorizo and set aside. Add butter to frypan, then cook onion for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Add fennel and garlic, cook for 1 minute further, then add rice. Cook, stirring, until all the grains are coated in the butter. Gradually add stock, one cup at a time, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed. Add peas and cook for a further minute, then return chorizo to pan.
- Just before serving, add the mint, parmesan and 100g of goats’ cheese. Divide risotto between 4 serving bowls and sprinkle with extra parmesan and the remaining goats’ cheese.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)